|General >> It Environment|
For all of us 'green' people out there who constantly try to monitor the next up-coming green product, take a look at these drinks. Who knew even alcohol could be 'green' and eco-friendly? So, next time you're out, try ordering a round of organic cocktails or shots to get the night started and to drink in the spirit of saving the planet. Check out some highlighted organic alcohols below:
- 4 Copas Tequila: A smooth tequila that gives us another reason to celebrate. Agave plants are organically harvested for up to 10 years to allow the sugars to fully develop, lending a pleasantly sweet essence to this USDA certified organic tequila. No artificial colors, additives or unnatural methods are used to enhance the flavor. They don't even use artificial yeast to start the fermentation process, as the yeast is derived directly from the organic plant. Waste is minimized by innovative recycling methods. Leftover mulch from the fermentation process is added to the company compost, which is in turn used to fertilize the organic plants. That compost is also responsible in powering the distillery process. Its emitted methane gas is captured and used as a renewable energy source for 4 Copas' steam engines.
- Square One Vodka: Square One vodka uses American-grown organic rye, providing a nutty, complex flavor profile unlike other vodkas. The ingredients are of high quality and the company has environmental values. The label is printed on a paper made from renewable resources like bamboo, bagass (sugarcane stalks) and cotton. Square One's distillery partner, Distilled Resources, Inc., utilizes wind-generated power that makes up for 25% of its electrical power usage. Square One even accounts for the travel impact of its business associates; carbon emissions created during flight mileage are compensated through the purchase of carbon offset passes for every 40,000 miles of travel.
- Veev Acai Spirit: Veev Acai Spirit harnesses the antioxidant power of these purple Brazilian power berries to deliver a punch of fruity flavor and hang-over fighting qualities. Labeled the industry's first carbon neutral company, Veev has a Climate Clean Offset Portfolio that finances emission-reducing projects to counterbalance the carbon footprint of the company's business practices. In addition to this initiative, for each bottle sold, Veev donates $1 to Sambazon's Sustainable Acai Project to ensure that these precious fruits will be harvested in a sustainable manner.
- 360 Vodka: This vodka is quadruple distilled (reducing the waste of grain) and then it is filtered five times for a smooth taste. Each bottle is made from 85% recycled glass and wrapped with a recycled, chlorine-free paper label. The creator of 360 Vodka, McCormick Distilling Company Inc., is an official Green Power Partner of the Environmental Protection Agency and boasts a 100% Green Power Usage rating for using renewable energy sources such as wind and geothermal energy. Not one to shy away from involvement, 360 Vodka also is active in charitable givings: a portion of the proceeds from each case sold goes to the Coastal Conservation Association.
- ModMix: For an easy, all-organic cocktail, try this USDA certified organic mixer by ModMix featuring flavors like lavender lemon drop, citrus margarita and French martini. This is a great addition to add to your organic drink of choice.
Tags: acai spirit, eco-drinks, modmix, organic cocktails, tequila, vodka, green trend | Source
to submit your content for the feature on MyItThings.com.
Comment by: emjay @ 06/24/2008, 12:52:08 PM
|I'll uh... drink to that!|
Comment by: archiegirl @ 09/01/2008, 12:32:04 PM
|Guilt free drinking...nice!!!|