"It" Designer Contest Info
1. “It” designer competition is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada, 18 years of age and older.
2. In order to participate in the “It” designer competition, you must:
STEP A. Sign up with MyItThings.com.
STEP B. Upload 5 of your previously created original designs to the “My Designs” section on your profile page. Please upload each design individually and do not combine several garments/ sketches in one design posting.
STEP C. Submit your contest entry using the Submit Your Designs button located on the main contest page. You should be able to see your designs in the "Latest Submissions" section on the contest page. IMPORTANT NOTE: your entry is not complete until you finish this step.
3. Submitted designs can range from illustrations to finished garments or model photos. All designs submitted to the contest must be women’s ready-to-wear, preferably designed for the spring/summer season.
4. You can edit your designs at any time during the competition. IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you delete a design submitted to the competition - it loses the accumulated rating. In addition, once you delete one design, your entry will be removed from the contest and will need to be re-submitted.
5. Both submissions and voting periods end on July 15th, 2008, 11:59pm EST. The earlier you submit your designs, the higher your chances to receive more votes.
6. Once submitted, your designs will be available for users' view and rating on the site.
7. Ten “semi-finalists” are selected by audience ranking. In order to vote you must:
STEP A. Create an account on MyItThings.com
STEP B. Visit the contest main page and click on your favorite design items.
STEP C. Once you are on the individual design page you will be able to rate it by clicking on one of the 5 stars located below the design name (1 star being the lowest rating).
8. The final score for each designer will be calculated from the combination of the total number of people voted, number of designs and the stars scored (i.e. each additional scored star will add 1 point to the total score).
9. Your current score can be viewed at any time on the main competition page.
10. The judges’ panel will rate the 10 “semi-finalists” designs and announce 3 finalists on August 1st, 2008.
11. Each finalist is given $1,500 and 2 months to create 5 looks for their Spring/ Summer 09 collection. While working on their collections, designers will be documenting the progress in their blogs, photos and videos.
12. On October 1st, 2008 the finalists will upload their final 5 looks to MyItThings.com, where they will be available for users' rating.
13. On or about October 15th, 2008 the finalists will be invited to New York City for their very own runway show. The travel and 2-days accommodation expenses will be provided by My”It”Things.
14. Panel of experts will review the garments during the runway show and place their votes.
15. The winner will be defined by the combined score of the users rating (50%) and the judges (50%).
16. The winning designer will receive $5,000 towards the production of his/her own line.
17. The winning looks will be available for pre-order and sale exclusively on MyItThings.com in Spring 09.
Promoting your contest entry:
18. In order to receive a higher amount of votes, we suggest promoting your entry by using our badges and sharing the direct link to your designs section on MySpace, Facebook and other social platforms.
19. We recommend adding more info about yourself and contributing to the site on a regular basis during the contest, to gain more visibility in the community.
• May 12th, 2008 – competition begins.
• May 12th – July 15th, 2008: design submissions and rating.
• July 16th – Ten semi-finalists announced.
• July 16th – August 1st, 2008: Judges review and rate the Ten semi-finalists.
• August 1st, 2008 – 3 finalists are announced.
• August 1st – September 30th, 2008 – finalists work on their 5 looks for Spring 09 collection.
• October 1st-14th, 2008 – 3 final collections available for review and rating on the site.
• October 15st, 2008 (tentative) – Runway Show in NYC, broadcasted on MyItThings.com.
• November 1st, 2008 – Winner announced on the site. Winner receives $5,000 prize.
Full Terms and Conditions can be found here